Scan of Multipage Documents

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
woec

Scan of Multipage Documents

Post by woec » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:27 pm

Hi,

I am new to MAYAN EDMS. I installed it and got it up and running. Looks very promising so far.
A very nice feature is the possibility to import documents directly by scan source, including OCR. Scans are stored in tiff format as single pages. In my opinion it would be desirable to combine multiple pages scanned from a multipage document do store the scans in a multipage pdf.
Is that possible?

Best regards,
woec

ntd

Re: Scan of Multipage Documents

Post by ntd » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:31 am

Looking for the same info, I discovered actually it is not possible. Here is the relevant feature request in the official bug tracker.

I just ended up using an external program that save multiple images as a single PDF before submitting the document.

rosarior

Re: Scan of Multipage Documents

Post by rosarior » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:01 pm

At the moment it is not possible to merge or split documents. It is core philosophy of Mayan to nerve modify the underlying document file. We do this because Mayan is mostly used in places where preserving the document's chain of custody is important for legal reasons.

We have been designing a way to de-couple the visual pages in the user interface from the actual pages of the document file. This way changes for the document that users see are not permanently effected on the document's file. Just like transformations work right now but also for the total number of pages. Version 3.3 will include some updates in this regard with the ability to remove pages even though those pages are not actually removed from the document file. If these initial set of patches pan out without problem we will continue to incrementally move to support merge and spliting of documents but it might take a while.