Workflow Grant Permissions to creator

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
andrek

Workflow Grant Permissions to creator

Post by andrek »

Hi,
I'm new to Mayan EDMS and plan to use it for my family's documents (perhaps a couple of thousand documents when all is said and done).
However I'd like the ability to make a document private to the person who uploaded it. Now, since Mayan uses a three-tier system there is no role explicitly associated with the user so my question becomes ambiguous.
So my idea was the following: when I create a document I add a tag:
  • either "private" if I find a way to go from the user to the role which is donned by the least number of groups and of which the groups are the most restrictive (basically the role which is shared by as few other users as possible). This is kind of subjective as far as definitions go but since there is no group associated with each user that only has him, it's the best I can do. Since the family is small (7 people), I have created groups and roles associated with each user (and I'm guessing using the REST API it's possible to do that at the same time as creating the user accounts), so I can guarantee that such a role that fulfills that condition exists
  • or create tags "private_usernameX" and have a new workflow for each. Because I haven't found a way to make the Grant Permisisons action take a variable role (I have to choose from a static list of roles) defined by some property of the document (in this case the tag). Is there such a way?
Now, I realise that this is using Mayan in a way it might not have been designed for but if anyone anywhere can confirm or refute that, they can probably be found here. I have scoured the internet but can only find information for Mayan v2.x... If anyone can point me to the solution I would be very grateful.

Best regards,
A.K.
bwakkie

Re: Workflow Grant Permissions to creator

Post by bwakkie »

May be you can create a role for each of the 7 users and do it that way??
andrek

Post by andrek »

Hi, thank you for your reply.
Yes, I guess without direct access to the python object I won't be able to implement anything else. And I've done that. But the question was if I have to create the 7 workflows too? Because that gets old pretty fast.
Best regards
venwab

Post by venwab »

hi all,
how to reject workflow from notified stage to reject stage from back end using any api or any procedure.

please help me to find the problem..

best regards,
Ram