Mirror from Docker Container - Persistant Folder

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
alxscott

Mirror from Docker Container - Persistant Folder

Post by alxscott »

Good Evening,

Firstly I have searched the forum, read the eBook Guide and also scoured Google to no avail.

I have installed Mayan EDMS via Docker Compose in accordance with the Installation Guide.I have also worked through the guide and set up cabinets, indexes etc.

I would like to export my index's via Mirroring, to then allow me to share the folder(s) via Samba on the local network, and also to Nextcloud for remote access.

I found this (https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edm ... _360503072) howto, however since I am running Mayan in Docker I cannot make a permanent parent directory to allow me to mount a local folder from my host system. Also, I cannot create a supervisord.conf file to create the required export on restart / boot.

Is there a method to create a mirror via GUI / Webpage; and if not can anyone give me some guidance to make permanent, persistent mirror folders accessible to the host system?

I am new to both Docker and Mayan but a quick learner, and any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
alxscott

Re: Mirror from Docker Container - Persistant Folder

Post by alxscott »

Apologies to bump this; but I am really struggling to integrate Mayan with my setup without this :/.

Any advice would be appreciated.
anastasios

Post by anastasios »

I am also facing this same problem. Installed via docker-compose, read ebook, searched mayan forum, and google. So I thought I would experiment a bit and give it a try. But I realized that when I enter in the terminal

Code: Select all

mayan-edms.py mountindex <index slug to mirror> ~/mirrored_index
I get
"mayan-edms.py: command not found"

Have you succeeded to run the command? Have you found a solution to this?
Thanks
--
Edit

In another forum post I found out that we need to use the following command (which sets the environment variable for the process:

Code: Select all

MAYAN_MEDIA_ROOT=/var/lib/mayan /opt/mayan-edms/bin/mayan-edms.py mountindex creation_date /index_creation_date &
alxscott

Post by alxscott »

Was that via the docker image terminal access? Think that the right term... very new to Docker!

And was it persistent? I had pretty much give up prior to posting so I haven’t looked at it since 😔
anastasios

Post by anastasios »

To be honest I also gave up after realizing that when using Mirroring the Access Control Lists (ACLs) do not apply to the mirrored index.
If for example you have a document type that only Role A should be able to view, through mirroring anyone could view.
So partially I can answer to your question that yes it is done via docker image terminal access (or whatever that is called I'm also new to docker and mayan).
alxscott

Post by alxscott »

Ah! I’ll have to give that another go then. Thank you.

For me it’s for personal access so ACL control is not needed.

Would be nice if any Dev’s could jump in on the thread tho?