Odd behaviour with document locking

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
curtis

Odd behaviour with document locking

Post by curtis » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:41 am

Hi,

Document locking in Mayan works in a way that seems a bit weird and I'm trying to figure out whether it's a bug or a feature. The way it works for me is that when locking, the user has to specify time limit, open-ended lock does not seem to be an option. When done with the edits, the user has to first clear the lock before he/she can upload the new version, leaving the window open for unexpected upload and effectively beating the point of locking altogether.
The way it works with the other edms-s I've used before is that it's not necessary to specify lock time and the user who set the lock (and only that user) can upload new version before unlocking. So am I simply missing something and Mayan can actually handle this kind of workflow or should I file a bug report/feature request?

Thanks

rosarior

Re: Odd behaviour with document locking

Post by rosarior » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi @curtis,

This is the way the checkout works because it was the best user story we had. Your use case is interesting and makes sense.
We'll try to add open-ended locks and allow check-ins for the user that created the lock without having to do a check-in first.

Thanks for the feedback!