Get notified of new documents

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
scrummie02

Get notified of new documents

Post by scrummie02 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:37 pm

Hello, I import documents via Nextcloud. For example, user uploads documents to folder, Mayan EDMS imports them in from a watch folder. Is there a way to set up a notification of every time a new document is uploaded I can get an email? Email is set up and running I just need to set up a workflow and I've been trying to figure it out.

I'd also love to be able to search documents that don't have a cabinet as well.

qweqweqwe

Re: Get notified of new documents

Post by qweqweqwe » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:19 pm

subscribe to the "new document" event and you get notified when a new document is create.

rosarior

Post by rosarior » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:39 pm

That is correct, subscribing to the "New document" event will get you notified of any new document that is created. But this will be an 'in-app" notifications. We have adding email notification in our short list and will be added depending on schedule. Release target is Q2 2019. We are currently in the middle of the API refactor if we finish that before schedule we might be able to add this an a few other features being discusses here in the forum.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming and thanks for using Mayan.

urbanzz

Post by urbanzz » Tue May 07, 2019 2:08 pm

rosarior wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:39 pm
That is correct, subscribing to the "New document" event will get you notified of any new document that is created. But this will be an 'in-app" notifications. We have adding email notification in our short list and will be added depending on schedule. Release target is Q2 2019. We are currently in the middle of the API refactor if we finish that before schedule we might be able to add this an a few other features being discusses here in the forum.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming and thanks for using Mayan.
Hi rosarior! Thanks alot for your awesome project! Absolutely agree with previous post that automatic E-mail notifications will be very useful. Also waiting for feature of launching workflow after system found new file in Watch-folder . (may be that already organized but i don't know how to do that)
Best Regards