Search and Index by Cabinets

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
MattM

Search and Index by Cabinets

Post by MattM » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:58 pm

Hello,

I am new to Mayan. I am importing my bills based on year and month. I have created a top level cabinet for each year ( ex. 2018) and a sub level for each month (ex. January, February). I am importing my bills in to the sub level month cabinet for each year.

What is the best way to search for a bill in 2018 without searching all my documents? Is it better to create a document type for each year or create an index for each year based on the cabinet name?

Thanks,
Matt

rosarior

Re: Search and Index by Cabinets

Post by rosarior » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:48 pm

Hi,

Keep using the same document type structure as you have. Document types should correlate to the type of document not the properties of the document.

To search for a document in a specific cabinet, use the advanced search. Type "2018" in the cabinet field and search for the document using the rest of of the fields (label, description, OCR content, etc).

MattM

Re: Search and Index by Cabinets

Post by MattM » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:12 pm

Thank you.

Is there a wildcard for the Cabinet search if I have a cabinet "2018" and a cabinet below that named "January" ?

-- January
-- February

-- January
-- February

Thanks again!