Can thumbnails be send by e-mail

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
maurice118

Can thumbnails be send by e-mail

Post by maurice118 »

To clarify it a bit is it possible to include a thumbnail of a newly uploaded document when sending out an e-mail.
How to send an e-mail when a new document is uploaded is clear to me. Also adding the name of the document or the tags it has with. {{ document.label }} etc.
I was wondering if there is also a way to include a thumbnail or the link to a thumbnail in that mail?

BTW I have the book, but I couldn't find it in there. Perhaps I overlooked it...

Thanks in advance

Maurice.
franco
Developer
Developer

Re: Can thumbnails be send by e-mail

Post by franco »

This is the first time we seen this being asked about. I don't know if it is a good idea. We would need to add a specific permission to avoid creating a security hole as a result.

We'll take a look and the possibility of adding this or something similar.
maurice118

Re: Can thumbnails be send by e-mail

Post by maurice118 »

Thanks for the reply. Indeed you wouldn't want to send a thumbnail to anyone that is not authorized to see it. However it would be nice to have a little preview of the document that is being added. A direct link to the document would also be nice, that link could then be behind login credentials.

Maurice