Document Type grant

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
maxsabba

Document Type grant

Post by maxsabba »

I have 2 Document Types:
-DocTypeA
-DocTypeB

And I have two groups:
-GroupA
-GroupB

these two group can have the same role.

I want GroupA can view/access only to DocTypeA, and GroupB can view/access only to DocTypeB.

I tried many combination of groups , roles and ACL, but seem that the access to the Document Types, from the user, is on or off, I din't found any solution to grant the view/access only to a specific Document Type.

How can I do this configuration?

rssfed23

Re: Document Type grant

Post by rssfed23 »

If you go to setup > document types you can set an ACL for each specific document type. You can then grant the role for group A or B whatever level of access you want them to have.

Once you set that initial ACL though, you'll need to then enable any groups you want to access it (as once any ACL is present the global "view document type" won't matter anymore).

This is exactly what we've got set up on the demo environment mayan.app: There's an upload test folder that is viewable by all roles but only writable by one specific user (the Upload Role). That Upload Role can't see any other document types.

I recommend doing all your ACLs using roles rather than adding groups directly (as groups can then be members of multiple roles later on).
Please bear with us during the current global situation. The team all have families and local communities to look after as well as the community here. Responses may be delayed during this time, but rest assured we will get to your query eventually.

maxsabba

Re: Document Type grant

Post by maxsabba »

I created RoleA and RoleB, I din't add any ACL or Role permission to these roles.
To GroupA I assigned RoleA and to GroupB I assigned RoleB.
On DotTypeA I assigned ACL to RoleA, in DocTypeB I assigned ACL to RoleB.

In this way is working.

Is not easy to understand how manage permission, seem that some configurations are redundant.

From my point of view and from my experience, is more easy to assign permission to a Groups and assign Groups to a Document Type. In this way is also more easy to manage the permission.

Thanks for your support.