Cabinet rights

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
rrickeard

Cabinet rights

Post by rrickeard »

Is there a way to prevent people from viewing documents in different cabinets? I see that you can assign different roles under ACLs but I would like to assign different users. For example, I have our procedures separated into different cabinets based on department. I don't want people in production to see procedures in Accounting. Is this possible?
rssfed23

Re: Cabinet rights

Post by rssfed23 »

You can do that for the top most level cabinet yes (the ACL has a view document permission) relatively easily, but what that can’t apply to is deeper levels of cabinets/sub cabinets. For an explanation as to why, see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1523

The same notes about support plans and feature sponsorship are always a potential option worth considering :)

Alternatively, you can always set your ACLs at the document type level (But yes, that would then require more document types).

Rob
Please bear with us during the current global situation. The team all have families and local communities to look after as well as the community here. Responses may be delayed during this time, but rest assured we will get to your query eventually.