Automatic metadata on adding document

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
sblop

Automatic metadata on adding document

Post by sblop »

Hi,

I am trying to migrate to Mayan EDMS from Paperless project. I have bought the book and are trying to setup the system.
I have made several scan folders so I can scan to each document type.
I am also playing around with indexes. However is it correct that Mayan cannot apply tags or fill in metadata manually at the moment, and that this functionality is expected in the 4.0 release?

I am trying to migrate + 1000 docs, and are looking for some shortcuts. Cabinets is fine and all, but if only I can apply company name to my metadata + document date a bit easier, I would be in heaven. :o)

Best regards
Benjamin

rssfed23

Re: Automatic metadata on adding document

Post by rssfed23 »

Hi sblop.

I moved your post from the guides forum as it's a bit more of a general question hope that's okay.

You're right in that it's been mentioned before some improvements in this area are happening with 4.0. The most significant of which is zonal OCR, which would allow you to select an area of the document for OCR and then utilise that data elsewhere.
I'll let the dev team comment on the specific plans that relate to this.
Please don't PM for general support; start a new thread with your issue instead.