Date Format

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
msvabik

Date Format

Post by msvabik »

Hello,
How can I change the date format.
The habit of our landscape is the format d.m.Y
Best Regards
Michal

rssfed23

Re: Date Format

Post by rssfed23 »

I don't *think* there's a global "date locale" setting like there is for timezone/language in the user profile.
I know the date validators for metadata are in YYYY-MM-DD format and can't be easily changed.
File metadata (from exif) is also stored in that format

Some fields can likely be templated with a custom template to show the date values in a different order, but you'd have to make that yourself.

I tried to find some existing material on it on the forum or in the code but couldn't see anything. That doesn't mean it can't be done (as I imagine Django has some support for localised date formats) so we'll wait for one of the developers to chip in as I can't be sure either way.
Please don't PM for general support; start a new thread with your issue instead.

rssfed23

Re: Date Format

Post by rssfed23 »

Okay I can be 100% sure now that the date display is hardcoded to that format:

https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edm ... parsers.py

Code: Select all

class DateParser(MetadataParser):
    def execute(self, input_data):
        return parse(input_data).date().isoformat()
The .isoformat is what forces Mayan to use the YYYY-MM-DD format as it's the most accepted international standard.

Although being British, I completely understand the pain there.

In *theory* if the line was changed to

Code: Select all

return parse(input_data,dayfirst=True).date().isoformat()
it would put the day first, but that would of course be hard-coded and not user selectable and I've no idea what other impacts it would cause.

I've logged a feature suggestion at https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/758
Please don't PM for general support; start a new thread with your issue instead.