[SOLVED] Default Cardentials

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
Mohammed Farhan

[SOLVED] Default Cardentials

Post by Mohammed Farhan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:08 am

[SOLVED]
Hi, the documentation's Getting Started page shows some UI elements on top of login screen showing default login cardentials (username and password). However, my instance of installation does not show this UI element, it only shows the login inputs without any header UI element whatsoever...
So I don't know what the default cardentials for logging in are... I have also tried those shown in the Getting Started, but didn't work...
Anyone could help me with this... I'd appreciate that so much... thank you...
[UPDATE]: Solution found after investigating this similar thread https://github.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/259
but with teaks. The full solution is as follows:

SOLUTION: Create new super user
1) get inside the docker: # docker exec -ti mayan-edms /bin/bash
2) navigate to the main python shell script:
# cd /opt/mayan-edms/bin
3) execute the createsuperuser command:
# ./mayan-edms.py createsuperuser
3) follow the instructions to create a new super user
Last edited by Mohammed Farhan on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

rosarior

Re: [SOLVED] Default Cardentials

Post by rosarior » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:20 am

Hi,

Every new installation generates random credential for initial login. If this was not the case make sure you are installing Mayan without deviating from the recommended methods. Once the installation works as expected them customize it to your needs.

Mohammed Farhan

Re: [SOLVED] Default Cardentials

Post by Mohammed Farhan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:42 am

rosarior wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:20 am
Hi,

Every new installation generates random credential for initial login. If this was not the case make sure you are installing Mayan without deviating from the recommended methods. Once the installation works as expected them customize it to your needs.
Thanks for the reply... I can't exactly determine how could I have deviated from the recommended methods, since they are very well-written and as clear and precise as possible, thanks to the hard work put into them...

I should note that I have separately used both methods as described here:
https://docs.mayan-edms.com/chapters/do ... er-install

I should also note that, all things are working fine right now, thanks to the dedication and hard work put into them...