"Creator" User and Permissions

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
zaogao

"Creator" User and Permissions

Post by zaogao » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:59 pm

Hi, I am trying to set up permissions so that the uploader of a document can view it.

I know the following is old documentation, but I essentially want to follow its logic:
https://mayan.readthedocs.io/en/v0.13/t ... sions.html
Example 1. Each user have to access only the documents that he uploads

The example will show how to restrict a user in order not to view documents uploaded by other users, but only by himself. For that purpose we have to restrict the access to something that does not exist yet. The system must know that before the actual upload in order to act accordingly. This is where Default ACLs come in place.

Follow the steps:
Enter Mayan EDMS with user that has administrative rights.
Go to Setup menu. Enter Default ACLs submenu.
Click New holder next to the class Documents. From the list of users choose the special user Creator. Give the permission View Documents to the Creator.
Go back to Setup menu. Go to Users and create the users Pedro and Sancho.
Go back to Setup menu. Go to Groups and create the group Employees. Click to members of the groups and add Pedro and Sancho to that group.
Go back to Setup menu. Go to Roles submenu. Create the role Uploaders. Give the permission Create documents to the role. Add the group Employees as a member to that role.
Now enter Mayan EDMS with Pedro and Sancho one after another and upload documents. Pedro should not see the documents that Sancho uploaded and vice versa. He should see only documents uploaded by himself."

However, I cannot find the 'Creator" user.
Is this feature no longer part of Mayan? Is there a way to recreate this?
Thank you for your time.

rosarior

Re: "Creator" User and Permissions

Post by rosarior » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:40 am

The support for this workflow required special virtual users that broke some patterns in the code. We removed those and other anti-patterns quite a while ago and have been moving their functionality to the workflow app. We are working on a workflow action that references the user performing the action. This can be used to grant the a specific ACL to a newly created document to the user creating it. We expect this to be ready for version 3.2.

zaogao

Re: "Creator" User and Permissions

Post by zaogao » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks for the fast response, and I really appreciate all the work you have done to create this software.
Do you have an idea of when 3.2 may be coming out? Or of any workarounds to enable this functionality?
Thanks again.