Add metadata by OCR content

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
hermannk

Add metadata by OCR content

Post by hermannk »

Hello,

currently I'm manually adding metadata to my documents and create index by metadata. I'm trying to automate this process.
I was able to build the index by ocr content. Unfortunately I would prefer to use metadata values to build my indices.
So I've tried to use the same code to add metadata values which is working for indexes - but nothing happens.
This is some example code I've used to create the index:

Code: Select all

{% if "search text" in document.latest_version.ocr_content|join:" " %}ValueX{% endif %} 
May I have to add some trigger?
Is it possible to use ocr content to add metadata values like it is used for indices?

I hope somebody can give me a hint.

Thanks,
Hermann

gtrot

Re: Add metadata by OCR content

Post by gtrot »

I would suggest to use the workflow engine :
  • add a transition triggered when the OCR is completed on a document;
  • add a state action that call the API to add metadata from the OCR content (POST).
Regards,

Guillaume Trottier

rssfed23

Re: Add metadata by OCR content

Post by rssfed23 »

There was a thread on this a while ago, and if I recall correctly, the foundations that will allow you to do this type of OCR > metadata will be present in the upcoming v4 release, related to the Zonal OCR functionality on the public roadmap.
Please bear with us during the current global situation. The team all have families and local communities to look after as well as the community here. Responses may be delayed during this time, but rest assured we will get to your query eventually.