New "add to cabinets" flow, cabinet list

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
mheiland

New "add to cabinets" flow, cabinet list

Post by mheiland » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:36 am

Hi,

i've been using Mayan for a couple of years to organize my household paperwork, such a great tool!

With the last 3.2.7 update the "Add to cabinet" workflow was changed from auto-completing the cabinet to a selection list. Now, i'm heavily using sub-levels like "Invoices - Vendor XY" and autocomplete was very useful to directly find those "Vendor XY" levels. As i have plenty of those levels the selection list now is very crowded, very short (visually) ordered by date rather than alphabet and can't be searched. I understand that this might be a useful change for deployments with few levels but many cabinets, however it adds a lot of overhead to my case.

Is there any way to get the autocomplete back through configuration or do anything else that allows searching for a documents cabinet rather than selecting?

Thanks!
Martin

rosarior

Re: New "add to cabinets" flow, cabinet list

Post by rosarior » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:31 pm

Hi,

thanks for the feedback. The add to cabinet step on the upload wizard is still using auto-complete. Clear the browser cache and check if that makes a difference. We are constantly reorganizing the internal code to keep it manageable and if the browser keeps the old reference, the JavaScript libraries might not load correctly.

Let us know if clearing the cache solves it or not. Thanks for the report.

mheiland

Post by mheiland » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:55 pm

Thanks for your response. In fact i cleared caches after updating, to no avail. What i'm seeing however are JS errors when following through the wizard. Maybe thats related? Happens with Firefox and Safari so far.
Screenshot 2019-09-22 at 16.49.37.png
Screenshot 2019-09-22 at 16.49.37.png (206.67 KiB) Viewed 359 times
Updated from 3.2.6 using

Code: Select all

sudo -u mayan /opt/mayan-edms/bin/pip install mayan-edms==3.2.7

rosarior

Post by rosarior » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:30 pm

Excellent, thanks for the JS debug, that helps a lot! Make sense now. We added a code to adjust the body of the HTML based on the dimensions of the window to help some edge cases with elements being hidden. The new code is throwing an error that is blocking the auto complete from executing. We'll work on a solution right away. Thanks for the report!

mheiland

Post by mheiland » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:22 pm

Thanks a lot for your great work on Mayan, i'm happy to help.

rosarior

Post by rosarior » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:50 am

Version 3.2.8 was just released, please give it a try to see if the issue is resolved. Thanks!