Export all Documents

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
voarsh

Re: Export all Documents

Post by voarsh »

zbig wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:55 am
KevinPawsey wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:16 am Silly question, but can’t you just go to Documents/All Documents.

Once that page has loaded, on the top right there is a drop down with a tick box next to it. Tick the box, that selects all documents, then go to “Advanced download” in the drop down. From there you can download all documents in a zip file.

Maybe that will work? I haven’t tried it myself, just noticed the option the other day.
This is a great advice of a simple solution that actually works, thank you! No idea why it got ignored. I've done just that and got a handy ZIP file containing all the documents with their original file names. The only slight downside is that Mayan's "Select all" works page-wide only but it's nothing a quick adjustment of "COMMON_PAGINATE_BY" can't fix. Well, I guess you could potentially run into memory problems during ZIP compression on some huge archive sizes but then just divide the exports into, say 500 documents large chunks and you're good, not a big deal.
Thumbs up. All good advice.

I think Mayan can do a better job with doc exports.
I can't do a DB dump, or any migration because of "issues" and I am left with this as a last resort.