Document Search Rules/Protocols

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
vntanseng

Document Search Rules/Protocols

Post by vntanseng » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:36 am

Hi, I'm fairly new to Mayan EDMS and I need some clarification on searching documents.

I know that searching for documents with the string: ABC 123 will pull up all the documents with ABC and 123 in them. While searching for ABC-123 will get all documents with ABC excluding 123. According to the book Exploring Mayan EDMS, if I need to search for a specific string: ABC-123, I need to have it enclosed within quotation marks like "ABC-123", right?

The reason why I'm asking is because this does not happen for me. I don't get any search results. Why is that? Are there certain rules for document search that I'm not aware of?

What if for instance I need to pull up all the documents with a serial number of ABC-123 specifically? How can I effectively do it?

Thank you in advance to all who may provide clearer picture for me. Appreciate the help!

vntanseng

Re: Document Search Rules/Protocols

Post by vntanseng » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:31 am

Additional info: I'm on version 3.1.9 using a PROXMOX virtual container with Turnkey Mayan EDMS.