Request a Guide/Tutorial. What documentation do you want to see?

Community contributed guides or tutorials for multiple topics like installations for other operating systems or platforms, monitoring, log aggregation, etc.
rssfed23

Post by rssfed23 »

The Mayan EDMS team is always looking for ways we can improve the official documentation, ideas on what tutorials we should have in the guides section and what topics should be covered in the book.

Reply to this post to suggest a Guide or Tutorial be made.

We of course can't guarantee a topic will be covered, but getting an idea of the general themes people are interested in will help us focus or content creation on areas of the most interest to users.

Note: Even if something is suggested here, the resulting information/tutorial produced may not necessarily end up in the guides forum and could land in the official documentation or the Exploring Mayan EDMS book either.
Community contributed guides/tutorials will never be moved to the Official Documentation or Exploring Mayan EDMS Book without prior consultation and explicit consent.
Please bear with us during the current global situation. The team all have families and local communities to look after as well as the community here. Responses may be delayed during this time, but rest assured we will get to your query eventually.

mcarlosro

Post by mcarlosro »

I would like to see guide related to how to use it for home use. Not all of us use Mayan at enterprise level. The other post you explained a bit how you use it for your home data was really helpful, specially the screen capture.

You can address small use case: like bills (phone, electricity, gas, ...) will be address with an unique use case, kids grades, medical data, ...

jorgeegomez

Re: Request a Guide/Tutorial. What documentation do you want to see?

Post by jorgeegomez »

Smart Links. I think they can be useful for both enterprise and home use, but I haven't been able to create one successfully. If I understand correctly, I could have a bank statement for a particular month (both the account and date assigned using metadata) to link to the same account statement for previous/next months. Or links to "all other documents uploaded on this date", "other documents that share similar metadata".

rssfed23

Re: Request a Guide/Tutorial. What documentation do you want to see?

Post by rssfed23 »

jorgeegomez wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:48 am
Smart Links. I think they can be useful for both enterprise and home use, but I haven't been able to create one successfully. If I understand correctly, I could have a bank statement for a particular month (both the account and date assigned using metadata) to link to the same account statement for previous/next months. Or links to "all other documents uploaded on this date", "other documents that share similar metadata".
You're exactly right there that's the purpose of smart links. As long as you have a metadata field so you can link the bank "company" or "account" together in some way (this could also be by having all statements in one document type or tag)then you can create such a link. Smart links are something I'm still implementing myself so I'll see if I can get something whipped up this weekend as a basic primer. Thanks for the suggestion :)!
Please bear with us during the current global situation. The team all have families and local communities to look after as well as the community here. Responses may be delayed during this time, but rest assured we will get to your query eventually.