Let's Encrypt SSL

Reverse proxies, SSL termination, web servers.
WebDevRobert

Let's Encrypt SSL

Post by WebDevRobert »

I've done a setup of Mayan EDMS to a subdomain, using the Docker image.

Now, does anyone have a quick/easy way to deploy Let's Encrypt?

rosarior
Developer
Developer

Re: Let's Encrypt SSL

Post by rosarior »

Haven't tried it yet, but I think this product has good potential. Could even become our default reverse proxy with SSL support when using Docker: https://docs.traefik.io/

I hope to start testing it myself and can use any feedback to speed things up along.

rssfed23

Post by rssfed23 »

I've already got some basic notes going for Traefik + docker + Mayan and was hoping to write some steps up next month (and share the compose file).

In the interim WebDevRobert, how did you set up mayan on a subdomain? - I'm assuming you've deployed your own nginx or other proxy server to proxy Mayan? If so; there's many versions of Nginx (as well as Traefik) that include automated letsencrypt support so you can switch your extra web proxy container over to that and deploy. https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/letsencrypt/ is one such example. Your nginx configuration would be the same as it is today with the addition of SSL.

If you deployed Mayan in a container but used a non-containerised deployment of Nginx/another web proxy, then the default certbot scripts work flawlessly in that configuration.
Please bear with us during the current global situation. The team all have families and local communities to look after as well as the community here. Responses may be delayed during this time, but rest assured we will get to your query eventually.

rssfed23

Post by rssfed23 »

rosarior wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:59 pm
Haven't tried it yet, but I think this product has good potential. Could even become our default reverse proxy with SSL support when using Docker: https://docs.traefik.io/
I hope to start testing it myself and can use any feedback to speed things up along.
And just like that, the first Traefik guide is here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1563&p=2944&hilit=traefik#p2944 :D
Please bear with us during the current global situation. The team all have families and local communities to look after as well as the community here. Responses may be delayed during this time, but rest assured we will get to your query eventually.

rosarior
Developer
Developer

Post by rosarior »

rssfed23 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:18 am
And just like that, the first Traefik guide is here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1563&p=2944&hilit=traefik#p2944 :D
:o :o :o

Thank you!