Custom App Development Documentation

Technical aspects, customization, code samples.
davebauerart

Custom App Development Documentation

Post by davebauerart »

I have looked all over, and there are some broken links to previous app development documentation, which I found the source for in gitlab. It is a little incomplete. I am curious what code I need to write to extend, add a custom app.

I started with the cookie cutter template. That is about 4 years old and developed for an older version of Mayan. I got it working be fixing errors and reading the source code. I am now working on adding templates for my custom views. Again, I have to guess, cause an error message, and figure out which code is executing, then read that source code to incrementally develop a model of what's going on.

Is there some documentation that explains the steps to develop a custom app? I am pretty sure this will be very powerful when I figure it out. I am willing to contribute to improving the documentation, but I want to make sure I start in the right place.

davebauerart

Re: Custom App Development Documentation

Post by davebauerart »

Good news, after a couple of weeks of inspecting the code, and experimenting, I have made a lot of progress. I'm really curious is there are other developers out there that have implemented custom apps for Mayan and how they figured this all out. It's certainly possible, if you read enough source code, but is there an easier way?