Connecting to Wasabi

Technical aspects, customization, code samples.
michaelruge

Connecting to Wasabi

Post by michaelruge »

Hi,

I am trying to use the Non-AWS S3 deployment option to connect Mayan to Wasabi. Their system basically emulates S3 and it should be a drop-in solution. It looks pretty straight forward, but for some reason I cannot get this thing to connect. I have used their S3 connector with other software, so I know it works.

What I have is a fairly new installation thats been local to the docker image. There is only about 50 files currently. I shut down the container, migrated the data, made the changes to the docker container, and finally restarted the container. Now I get the little X symbol when I try to preview the file or a Server Error message pops up when I try to access "properties" for example.

I am using the variables in my docker config as follows (obviously removing the keys and bucket name):

Code: Select all

MAYAN_PIP_INSTALLS='django-storages boto3' \
MAYAN_DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND=storages.backends.s3boto3.S3Boto3Storage
MAYAN_DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS="{'access_key':'ACCESSKEY','secret_key':'SECRETKEY','bucket_name':'my-mayan-bucket-name','endpoint_url':'https://s3.wasabisys.com','verify':'False'}"
I am getting the following errors in my log. I am assuming they are related:

llecting django-storages,
Requirement already satisfied: Django>=1.11 in /opt/mayan-edms/lib/python3.7/site-packages (from django-storages) (2.2.10),
Installing collected packages: django-storages, jmespath, docutils, botocore, s3transfer, boto3,
Successfully installed boto3-1.12.39 botocore-1.15.39 django-storages-1.9.1 docutils-0.15.2 jmespath-0.9.5 s3transfer-0.3.3,
TypeError: Unable to initialize the document version storage. Check the settings DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND and DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS for formatting errors.,
mayan.apps.storage.classes <93> [CRITICAL] "get_storage_instance() line 87 Unable to initialize the document version storage. Check the settings DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND and DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS for formatting errors.",
[2020-04-11 06:28:01,445: CRITICAL/ForkPoolWorker-2] Unable to initialize the document version storage. Check the settings DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND and DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS for formatting errors.,
mayan.apps.documents.models.document_version_models <93> [ERROR] "get_intermediate_file() line 241 Error creating intermediate file "intermediate_file"; Unable to initialize the document version storage. Check the settings DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND and DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS for formatting errors..",
[2020-04-11 06:28:01,445: ERROR/ForkPoolWorker-2] Error creating intermediate file "intermediate_file"; Unable to initialize the document version storage. Check the settings DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND and DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS for formatting errors..,
mayan.apps.documents.models.document_page_models <93> [ERROR] "get_image() line 240 Error creating page cache file "base_image"; Unable to initialize the document version storage. Check the settings DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND and DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS for formatting errors.",
[2020-04-11 06:28:01,446: ERROR/ForkPoolWorker-2] Error creating page cache file "base_image"; Unable to initialize the document version storage. Check the settings DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND and DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS for formatting errors.,
[2020-04-11 06:28:01,448: ERROR/ForkPoolWorker-2] Task mayan.apps.documents.tasks.task_generate_document_page_image[773b2d78-a338-411f-ac20-e961d3d2647b] raised unexpected: TypeError('Unable to initialize the document version storage. Check the settings DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND and DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS for formatting errors.')
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Michael Ruge

michael
Developer
Developer

Re: Connecting to Wasabi

Post by michael »

Everything looks fine.

Try adding quotes to the MAYAN_DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND line in case the shell is not liking the dots.

Invert the quotes for MAYAN_DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS. I've seen some shell that treat single and double quotes in different ways.

There is a continuation backslash on the first line but not on the following ones. Try adding it to the other lines, or remove it from the first one.

Hope this helps.

michael
Developer
Developer

Post by michael »

I'll see if we can split the initialization of the storage in such a way to better pinpoint is the formatting error is with the backend path or the argument.

michaelruge

Post by michaelruge »

Hi Michael!

I had a syntax error. I ended up having to take the quotes out of this line:

MAYAN_DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS="{'access_key':'ACCESSKEY','secret_key':'SECRETKEY','bucket_name':'my-mayan-bucket-name','endpoint_url':'https://s3.wasabisys.com','verify':'False'}"
That fixed that problem, but now I am getting this error ( removed the specific file for security reasons and replaced them with the filepath and filename placeholders:

botocore.exceptions.SSLError: SSL validation failed for https://s3.us-east-2.wasabisys.com/<filepath>/<filename>  [Errno 2] No such file or directory
I checked with Wasabi Tech Support and they are not seeing anything hit their end. I have googled a million different things and tried a bunch of them without success.