Help needed when writing new app, DecimalField shows up as editable in SingleObjectDetailView

Technical aspects, customization, code samples.
rosario.dandrea

Help needed when writing new app, DecimalField shows up as editable in SingleObjectDetailView

Post by rosario.dandrea »

Hi,
I'm currently trying to write a new app and I'm having the following issue:
When specifying a new field using DecimalField in models, and displaying it with SingleObjectDetailView in views, the field appears as editable - I have tried with the "Editable=False" option in models, but then Django crashes complaining when I try adding or show details for a item. I don't have any issues with CharField or TextField.
I suppose there's something that needs to be done in views to set the DecimalField as read-only, but I can't seem to be finding anything which works.
Thanks for your time.

rosarior
Developer
Developer

Re: Help needed when writing new app, DecimalField shows up as editable in SingleObjectDetailView

Post by rosarior »

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot?

I added a temporary decimal number field and it shows as a read only form field.
2020-01-31_22-03.png
2020-01-31_22-03.png (71.58 KiB) Viewed 286 times

rosarior
Developer
Developer

Re: Help needed when writing new app, DecimalField shows up as editable in SingleObjectDetailView

Post by rosarior »

I think I see what you meant. It should look like a plain value like the other fields.

Mayan EDMS doesn't use Decimal fields and the look in the template for decimal fields falls back to a standard read only field. If that is the case that can be added easy and we can push it to the bugfix version being worked on right now.
2020-01-31_22-05.png
2020-01-31_22-05.png (68.19 KiB) Viewed 284 times

rosario.dandrea

Ok, thanks you for your support.

rosarior
Developer
Developer

Post by rosarior »

The update to support this was added in version 3.3.10. Sadly it also broke document previews.

Instead of removing it, we just fixed document previews and re-implemented the read only decimal field support.

This will be available in version 3.3.11 which should be ready in the next hours.

https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edm ... 289aac5a8e

rosario.dandrea

Thank you for your help - much appreciated.