Missing documents in indexes

I was happy to read in the 4.4.4 announcement that an indexing bug has been fixed. In the old forum me and another user were reporting issues with documents disappearing from indexes.

I immediately updated to 4.4.4 but unfortunately documents are still disappearing from my indexes.

I will keep an eye on the 4.4.4 behaviour if there is any difference. Please let me know if I can provide any logs or similar to get to the bottom of this.

Can you provide a simple sample scenario that will trigger that behavior? A sample template works best.

Something like what added to the ticket: Assigning a Cabinet to a Document that is part of an "No Cabinet" Index destroys the Index (#1134) · Issues · Mayan EDMS / Mayan EDMS · GitLab

This way we have something repeatable to test against when trying to solve the issue, and can then write a test to verify that specific scenario was fixed.

I will do that but I already noticed that one of the cases I had identified before the upgrade seems to be gone now :+1:

Right now I can only say for sure that the bulk Index recreation (all indexes at once) leads to incomplete indexes. I reset all indexes through the tools and then recreated them. In the end most of them remained incomplete. But this behaviour might be hard to reproduce or at least hard to debug…

I will try to find some smaller scenarios that might be easier to analyse though.

1 Like

I recreated all indexes again (this time one by one) and so far they don’t seem to loose any documents :+1: I don’t know why they did after I recreated them the first time.

I did not retry to recreate all indexes at once. But everything seems good now, thanks again for fixing this issue!

1 Like

I am the other user and I can confirm, the issue with the vanished indexnodes when adding or changing a document is fixed.
Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.